Printing in Forms 4.0

From: Dan Glasstetter <glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 08:13:01

We are running Forms 4.0 in windows and trying to print to a windows networked printer. I DON'T want to use Oracle Reports V2 and I DON'T want a screen shot. (the Forms Print option). What I'd like to do is run a quick and dirty SQL*Plus report then pop up a standard windows dialog to let the user pick the printer and file to print. I can kind of/sort of get this to work in a cluggie way via a DDE call to NOTEPAD. But Notepad doesn't recognize form control characters.

I can't find anything meaningful in the Oracle Documentation (Suprise !). Am I missing something ? Anyone else doing this with STANDARD Microsoft windows utilities/calls ?

Thanks for your help.

Dan Glasstetter
BMC West Corporation
Boise, Idaho
glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com

PS. Any Farm Credit Administration (in McLean, VA) folks follow this group ?   Received on Wed Jun 08 1994 - 08:13:01 CEST

Original text of this message