Re: SQLDBA with kermit

From: GUY R. LOUCKS <loucksg_at_engsyd.bhp.com.au>
Date: 8 Jun 94 14:06:10 EST

In article <jdennisCqzA0r.CIu_at_netcom.com>, jdennis_at_netcom.com (John Dennis) writes:
> Yew Siang Shim (yewsiang_at_sgp.hp.com) wrote:
> : I am trying to run SQL*DBA on a HP9000 using kermit terminal
> : emulation but ran into some problems with VT100 terminal
> : keyboard mapping on my PC (Enhanced-101 keyboard).
>
> I have had the same problem. Oracle support is of no help. vi doesn't
> work as well as it works on a Sun (in vt100) suggesting that the vt100
> termcap infomation is not completely correct on the HP. Even a
> Wyse-Terminal emulating a vt100 can't *correctly* SQLDBA with TERM =
> vt100. Maybe you could try other emulations.
>

> I know that this may not really help very much except to say that your
> not the only on having a similiar problem.

We are having similiar problems with SQLDBA on a VMS Alpha BOX running Oracle 7.0.15.4.0, the problem has been reported to Oracle WorldWide support and we are awaiting an answer (TAR# 40216.009).

As far as I am concerned it is a BUG with the terminal definitions. Oracle has changed how they use their term definitions with the new tools. We have a kludge (work around) where by if you hit the desired keys twice you will (most of the time) get the key sequence you desire.

The bug does not seem to disapear even if you use a VT220 or 320/340 series terminal.

Later,

Guy R. Loucks
DBA
//## Standard disclaimers etc.... ##\\ Received on Wed Jun 08 1994 - 21:06:10 CEST

Original text of this message