Re: how does Oracle handle changes to system time of day

From: Morris Galloway <mmgall_at_admin.presby.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 23:05:11 GMT

In article <Cr0D53.FKy_at_cmutual.com.au>, Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au> wrote:

>A similar question [about adjusting the system clock]
>was put to Oracle about a year and a half ago. It was to
>do with daylight saving. Basically, bad luck if you need to
>recover your database using archive logs in the one hour that was put back in
>time. Putting the time forward is OK, setting it back is a problem.

Anyone know whether the same would apply to calls to the adjtime(2) system call on UNIX? Since it is not causing the clock to go back, but rather "retarding" it, I suspect it does not.

Morris Galloway Jr.                         Internet:  mmgall_at_presby.edu
Dean, Administrative Services                     Phone:  1-803-833-8217
Presbyterian College       503 S. Broad St.      Clinton, SC  29325  USA