Re: Re:Oracle 6 and Forms 4

From: Kevin Mallory <kmallory_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 04:31:06 GMT

In article <CqzGGI.3AA_at_iceonline.com> Ken Levine, kenl_at_icebox.iceonline.com writes:
>Oracle could not commit to the full testing effort that would have been
>required against Version 6 and decided to focus on Oracle7. The product
 would
>have experienced more delays had it been tested fully against 6
>
>Ken Levine
>Vancouver, BC
>
>>To the forms4 gurus, purely out of
>>academic interest, I am wondering why
>>Forms 4 is not certified against Oracle 6.
>>Please send me your findings.

Ken is correct (since he was here during the testing...) that we couldn't commit all the people and machine resources to fully compiling and testing OF4.0 (and all of it's 13 dependant products) against BOTH oracle 6 and 7.

Further, we wanted to make use of some Oracle 7 only features in the RDBMS kernel for the processing of SQL statements.

Kevin Mallory
Manager, Quality and Performance Programs Oracle Forms Development Received on Wed Jun 08 1994 - 06:31:06 CEST

Original text of this message