Re: Import/Export from within MS Windows.

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 02:37:55 GMT

In a previous article, rhughes_at_143.158.207.201 (Ralph Hughes) says:

>OK, so it's a strange question.
>
>We have an Oracle database residing on a HP 9000 server.
>All the users are on PCs running Windows client applications.
>They want to be able to start (or schedule) an import/export
>without having to get out of Windows.

Simple solution:

   Pick up one of the gazillion Windows telnet clients and have them use it to log on to the HP and run the export there.

You could probably find some contorted way to get imp/exp running under windows (NTAS or OS/2 would probably be involved since they can run the RDBMS Server which imp & exp come bundled with) but why go through the grief?