PL/SQL and Oracle 7 core dump HELP!

From: Eric Douglas <ericd_at_gaudi.csufresno.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 16:28:06 GMT

I'm having a problem with the following configuration:

OS:		Solaris 2.3 (SunOS 5.3)
Architecture:	Sparc
Oracle Version:	7.0.15.2 (PL/SQL option installed)

Okay, Oracle builds just fine, when you fire up SQL*DBA or SQL*Plus, after connecting to the database Oracle returns the info string which says "with Procedural Option".

I now want to define a trigger on some tables in a database. Before doing this, I try to run the DBMSSTDX.SQL script as read from the 'Oracle 7 Server SQL Language Reference' manual. When I try to run this, the Oracle server dumps core, loses the association to SQL*Plus, then the script fails altogther (of course).

In looking at the core files with dbx, no useful information is returned.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas on what the problem might be? Is there a specific Oracle patch I need to apply?

Please respond via email and I will post a followup article with all responses.

Desperately seeking answers,

--eric

--

* Eric W. Douglas Internet: eric_douglas_at_csufresno.edu
* CCMS/CSci, California Voice: +1 209 278 3923 or +1 209 897 4556
* State University Fresno Logic joke: if p->q and not q then not p, NOT!