FORMS40 : Questions

From: Rajaram M Bhakta <raja_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 18:28:42 GMT

Hi

I have some questions on FORMS 4.0.124.1 on hp-ux. Oracle V7.0.16

  1. How do you read an image file into an image item. I tried using read_image_file builtin but it is not able to locate the image file.

   Is there any kind of an environmental variable that needs to be set    that FORMS uses to locate the image file.

2) What are the diff variables that have been introduced with FORMS 4.0.12?

   I do not have a copy of the Release update for CDE for 7.0.16

3) Is there any kind of information on how to design applications that

   work in both char/GUI mode without any alterations.

   My specific problem is related to fonts. It is very difficult to maintain    alignments of text such that they display in a similar fashion in both    GUI & Char modes. Is there a standard font that can be used that solves    the problem.

Please post to the net or reply to my mail address at raja_at_netcom.com

Thanks
-raja Received on Mon Jun 06 1994 - 20:28:42 CEST

Original text of this message