Re: Import/Export from within MS Windows.

From: Ian Dixon <idixon_at_syntaxis.ukmail.net>
Date: 4 Jun 94 23:04:20 GMT

rhughes_at_143.158.207.201 (Ralph Hughes) writes:

Mail to this address failed

> OK, so it's a strange question.
>
> We have an Oracle database residing on a HP 9000 server.
> All the users are on PCs running Windows client applications.
> They want to be able to start (or schedule) an import/export
> without having to get out of Windows.
> I have never seen this done.
>
> Does Oracle have a Windows based import/export utility? Do any
> third party companies provide similar utilities?

Import and Export are available under DOS so it should be possible to get them to work from Windows. I think they were supplied with the server software rather than with the dos toolset.

The other option would be to use the PCs to start imp/exp on the server. I used to do this kind of thing using PC/TCP but I'm working somewhere else now so dont have any scripts to hand. I might have some in my file so let me know if you want me to look.

Hope this is some help.

Regards

Ian

Ian Dixon                      |  Email : idixon_at_syntaxis.ukmail.net    |
Independent Oracle Consultant  |  Tel   : +44 (0)734 478092             |
Reading, England               |                                        |