Re: Problems Running Windows & ORACLE??

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Jun 1994 21:56:02 -0400

In article <1473.562.uupcb_at_owlsnest.nl>, amis_at_owlsnest.nl (Amis) writes:

>My client wants to know if there are any known problems running
>Windows for workgroups & sqlnet with TCP/IP as a protocol. They
 know
>they want ORACLE 7 on a UNIX platform, and a PC front-end with
 TCP/IP
>as their protocol, but they are trying to figure out what goes
>in-between. Any suggestions/warnings/recommendations will be
>appreciated.

I did not try it with Windows for Workgroups, but I did get Windows 3.1 to work with SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows (they have a separate MS Windows version of SQL*Net). You have to ensure that your Windows client development tool interfaces well with SQL*Net. We had to get a special patch for Powerbuilder 3.0 to let it interface properly with SQL*Net (available from the Powersoft BBS). Best of luck. Received on Fri Jun 03 1994 - 03:56:02 CEST

Original text of this message