Re: Lots of tables in O7

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 2 Jun 94 21:33:29 EST

In article <CqqB3y.Kox_at_gremlin.nrtc.northrop.com>, msallwas_at_world.nad.northrop.com (Michael Sallwasser) writes:

> 1) If you combine them into a single table, you would do well to create
> Oracle views which present the base object as separate objects.

If you use one table and create views for each logical table, would it be possible to use referential integrity to validate against the views? (I don't think so...at least I can't get it to work...) So, if you intention is to also use these lookup tables for referential integrity, you either use many tables, or you also carry the lookup type as well as the lookup key on all of your referencing tables.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285