Re: "generate" command question

From: Tim McCollum <edtwm_at_huber.com>
Date: 2 Jun 1994 15:52:19 GMT

David Crowson (zdxc0d_at_amoco.com) wrote:
: In article c8_at_gaia.ucs.orst.edu, mickel_at_sulaco.OES.ORST.EDU (Paul Mickel) writes:
: -->Greetings all,
: -->
: -->I am having a problem using "generate" that SQL*Forms30 says you can use to
: -->generate a new form w/o going through SQL*Forms30 interface. When executed,
: -->it puts a ':' before each line. On the last line of the INP file, though,
: -->the program hangs displaying that ':'. The only way out is to ctl-C the
: -->program which causes it exit, but doesn't generate the INP file (I wouldn't
: -->expect it to). I have tried all the flags indicated in the SQL*Forms30 Forms

Try using iag30 (or iag) -ot form_name username/password

The -ot switch will suppress the output to the terminal and suppress making a new inp file (this is not necessary for re-generation).

I don't why we do not support re-generating forms in a batch like process. It is a perfectly harmless thing to do, and is done often.

The opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.

Tim McCollum (tmccollu_at_us.oracle.com) or (edtwm_at_huber.com) Oracle Corporation Consulting
Iselin NJ

: ---
: David Crowson =%^) |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
: Oracle Consultant | I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
: (Versions 4,5,6 and 7) | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
: Amoco Exploration UK. | and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
: "My views not Amoex's" | with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson
: Replies to : dcrowson_at_amoco.com (till mid-June) or igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk