Re: HELP:Winsock and Oracle

From: Richard Scholz <richard_at_sun.subito.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 08:53:19 GMT

Sudhakar_at_coe-nw.clemson.edu (Sudhakar Mattu) writes:

>Hi there,

> We currently use Oracle Browser, Business Objects, Excel/Query etc
>for Windows. We connect to an Oracle server throuh winsock. We are not able
>to connect to the server when we load more than one of the above
>applications.It appears that winsock is giving problems because each of the
>applications work fine when opened and closed individually.Also when one
>of the above applications is loaded and non Oracle applications like Mosaic
>are loaded things are fine.Has anybody had similar problems and what
>is the solution ?

>Thanks
>Sudhakar

Hi

It seems like your current configuration allows only one connection to your oracle dbs.
To have more than one connetion, you'll have to do the following:

  • Have your oracle.ini contain the following: (e.g. for 4 connects) WIN_REMOTE_SESSIONS=4
  • Put netinit7.exe into your autostart Folder, so it will be started automatically.
  • You'll also have to convince your Network software to allow you enough winsockets. For instance, if you use SunSelect PCNFS, you'll have to add the option -nsock 8 to rtm, if you want to have max. 8 winsockets.

If this still doesn't help, then also try the following: - I had to change my connect-strings, since my PCNFS got confused and   didn't wanted to look up my services and hosts files, if I used more than   one oracle connection. So I changed my connect string to   T:192.1.2.3/1525:SID instead of T:host:SID   Sounds ugly, but hopefully you don't need it.

Greetings, Richard Scholz Received on Wed Jun 01 1994 - 10:53:19 CEST

Original text of this message