Re: What affects performance?

From: Paul Brown <pbrown_at_triplerock.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: 31 May 1994 16:44:02 GMT

Bill Miller (turboman_at_teal.csn.org) wrote:

: I'm doing research on database performance and would
: appreciate your comments, thoughts, and opinions. Your
: help is greatly appreciated! Please respond by email
: to bmiller_at_ceram.com or turboman_at_csn.com I'll post a
: summary of responses for everyone's benefit.

  [ Questions answered in any good Masters program deleted ]

  These are *really* asnine question.

  I think I'll invoke --'s Laws;

  1. Any categorical statement about computer performance is wrong - especially these.
  2. If doubling your hardware doesn't improve your performance, halving your hardware will do it no harm.
  3. A clear understanding of the specifics of your process is worth a truck-load of opinion.

  Jus' my ( and --'s ) $.02 worth!!

  KR

      Pb      Received on Tue May 31 1994 - 18:44:02 CEST

Original text of this message