Return character in long fields??

From: Steve Stansfield <s68_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 19:40:30 GMT

I'm trying to set up an Oracle 7 table to maintain about 100 reports. These reports originate as text files with about 5000 characters. I would like to have one field for the report name and another as the text of the report. I want to develop an application in either ObjectView or Powerbuilder in which the user inputs or selects from a list the report name and the contents of the report are displayed.

I've set up a table with a 'long' datatype for the text. Using SQL*Loader, it appears that the report text got loaded into the field but when I try to display the data in ObjectView/Powerbuilder or SQL Plus, It all shows up on one line. Is there a way to force a carriage return/line feed?

Steve Stansfield					(615)241-3693
Computing & Telecommunications Services			S68_at_ornl.gov
Martin Marietta Energy Systems
Oak Ridge, TN Received on Tue May 31 1994 - 21:40:30 CEST

Original text of this message