SQLNET V2 Setup

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 11:38:00 -0500

I've recently gone from V6 to V7, and am attempting to use the MTS. I've been ping ponging through the docs without much success.

I realize I now have to use SQLNET2, which I've installed (always used the pipe driver under V6 before). I don't care about accessing remote
machines, just the local one. I have TCP/IP installed and it works ok. I've created /etc/listener.ora
which has PROCOCOL=TCP, HOST=ds3 (my box's name), PORT=1521. I've started up "lsnrctl start", and it reads the listener.ora and seems to be happy.

I'm attempting to do the /etc/tsnames as per the example in the manual, but when starting sqlplus scott/tiger, I get ORA-12154 which means TNS couldn't resolve database name. Does anyone have a step by step list of things (with examples) that I should be doing. Is this in a FAQ somewhere? Received on Tue May 31 1994 - 18:38:00 CEST

Original text of this message