Re: Oracle View Machanism - Opinions Please!!!!!!

From: <randy67_at_delphi.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 00:51:09 -0500

We've had to use views on views tosolve the rounding problem where lower level decimal sub-totals on one screen must agree with grand totals on another screen. The results worked great, but in some situations the performance was so bad we had to create separate tables. Performance was then good, but we had to write scripts to ensure that the new tables were properly maintained after each update (fortunately there are very few of them). Have we missed something that all other Oracle developers solved a long time ago???

Randy Blackburn
Naval Air Warfare Center, Pt Mugu, CA Received on Tue May 31 1994 - 07:51:09 CEST

Original text of this message