File system filling up

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 94 21:48:00 -0500

-> because Oracle was waiting for a manual archive. We found that
-> ARCHIVELOG was TRUE, and turned it off in the initXXXXX.ora file and
-> restarted Oracle. Still no luck--it looked like our database again
-> would not accept transactions. I figure the best thing to do is to
-> leave ARCHIVELOG TRUE and delete the redolog files occasionally.

You need to do something along the lines of ALTER DATABASE (or SYSTEM) ARCHIVE LOG MODE OFF (or something along these lines, sorry, from bad memory).

The ARCHIVELOG switch in the init file simply sets up for auto archive to disk or tape. It'll still wait until there is a log switch that is then archived before it will write over that log. Received on Tue May 31 1994 - 04:48:00 CEST

Original text of this message