Re: PowerBuilder vs VisualBasic vs Oracle's CDE vs C++ vs SQLWindows vs ?

From: Foo Say How <sayhow_at_solomon.technet.sg>
Date: 29 May 1994 13:15:09 GMT

You have missed out Objectiview! With Roche (sp?) depository and its tie in with ADW Case Tools it certainly offer better solution than the other platform.

With Visual Basic you have to rely on ,ulti VBX from different vendors. Would you rely your muti-miullion projkect on a 99 bucks VBX?

Foo Sayhow

Bill Coutinho (bill_at_tiete.dcc.unicamp.br) wrote:
: Let's make a summary of comparisons of front-ends to RDBMS. You can talk
: about PowerBuilder
: VisualBasic
: MS Access 2.0
: Oracle's CDE (Forms e REports)
: C++ (Visual C++, Applications Framework, ProtoGen)
: SQL*Windows
:

: Who will win? Who is the best (i'm not sure if is the same answer once
: ms-windows is the wineer)? We need to choose one for our work and we
: don't want bo be alone and want to use the right tool.

: E-Mail your opinions to "rodolfon_at_fee.unicamp.br". I'll summaryze the
: answers (concatenate them!) and post to these groups and other lists.

: I'll collect opinions until June, 10.

: Thanks for e-mails, e-mails, e-mails.