"generate" command question

From: Paul Mickel <mickel_at_sulaco.OES.ORST.EDU>
Date: 27 May 1994 20:58:00 GMT

Greetings all,

I am having a problem using "generate" that SQL*Forms30 says you can use to generate a new form w/o going through SQL*Forms30 interface. When executed, it puts a ':' before each line. On the last line of the INP file, though, the program hangs displaying that ':'. The only way out is to ctl-C the program which causes it exit, but doesn't generate the INP file (I wouldn't expect it to). I have tried all the flags indicated in the SQL*Forms30 Forms Designer's Manual, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas, anyone??

I am doing this to batch generate INP files after a sed modification (not recommended/supported by Oracle, I know, but I don't want to recompile 100 forms manually if I don't have to). We are running Oracle v6.0.37, SQL*Forms v3.0.

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

--

Paul Mickel                               Internet: mickel_at_oes.orst.edu
Database Applications Programmer          UUCP: ..!hplabs!hp-pcd!orstext!mickel

Original text of this message