Re: SQL*Plus Message

From: David Pinkus <dpinkus_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 05:29:29 GMT

In article <2rfni7$5dv_at_mississippi.iac.net> mpr_at_mba.com writes:

>I am using SQL*Plus to create stored procedures in Oracle 7 on an HP/9000
>and am having trouble debugging because the only messages I get back are
>either "Procedure Stored" or "Errors were found in procedure" with no
>indication of what the error was or what line/word was incorrect. Does
>anyone know of a setting, etc. that will give me better feedback?
>
>- Mike Reed (mpr_at_mba.com)

Mike,

    Type "Show Errors" You'll see all of your errors during compilation. This is a SQL*Plus command, so it isn't referenced in the SQL Language Ref Guide. You might also want to take a look at SQL*Studio by Stanford technology Group. It's a GUI procedure & function builder that is very nice to work with.

-David Pinkus

--
dpinkus_at_netcom.com