Where to put the Forms?

From: Dwayne K. Lanclos <lanclosd_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 21:08:48 GMT

I'd like to ask people what they do with the form libraries for multiple applications, developed by multiple people. It appears to us that we could either put them all in one directory or leave them in their own separate directories and have a search path (e.g. ORA_FRMDEF on VMS) point to them. The problem with a search path, however, is that it could slow things down quite a bit when you have a lot of different applications in different directories. Also, you have to make sure that your form names are unique (i.e., you have to coordinate with other developers) and it is hard to maintain the definition of the search path.

What's everyone else out there doing? You may want to mail answers to me as not to clog up the newsgroup, but others may be interested as well. Use your own judgment.

--
Dwayne K. Lanclos		lanclosd_at_lacmhs.boeing.com