Re: Unchangeable passwords?

From: Jonathan Chen <jonc_at_pinnacle.co.nz>
Date: 25 May 1994 10:06:28 +1200

In <2rqjgc$b84_at_news.tamu.edu> keith_at_loony-toons.tamu.edu (Keith A. Marrocco) writes:

>Is there a way to set up an account in Oracle such that the password
>is unchangeable? For example, say you really, *really* like 'tiger'
>as a password and don't think that Scott should change it. What can
>be done?

Nothing, if Scott is the sysadmin [and this should be the case]; otherwise if Scott isn't the owner it isn't possible [unless you've got a security problem]

If you're the sysadmin, and you want Scott to keep having the same password (although I don't know why you would want such a draconian restriction), you could enforce it daily by running a change password command...

--
Jonathan Chen                    | E-mail : jonc_at_pinnacle.co.nz
#include    <std/disclaimer>     | Voice  : +64.9.489.7020