Re: semophore errors in Oracle 6.

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 15:37:36 GMT

In article <CqA9Cu.8H6_at_ssigv.UUCP> thongj_at_tus.ssi1.com (James Hong) writes:
>From: thongj_at_tus.ssi1.com (James Hong)
>Subject: semophore errors in Oracle 6.
>Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 01:26:54 GMT

>Dear Netter

>Frequently, I am getting following error message in alert log file.

>Fri May 20 13:48:02 1994
>Error signalled in file: /usr/bin/oracle/rdbms/log/13_27234.trc
>ORA-07265: sppst: semop error, unable to increment semaphore.

I have seen this, too, under SCO. The answer was to reduce the potential number of users in the INIT.ORA script. The maximum number of PROCESSES defines the limit on the semaphore count, or something like that. We knocked the maximum user/process count down from 60 to 25 and sneaked under the limit.

otherwise, we would have required a re-link of the unix kernel: yeccch. hope the above helps out.

Dave Mausner, Sr Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Tue May 24 1994 - 17:37:36 CEST

Original text of this message