orasrv keeps dying

From: Mark Heather <heather_at_benny.gfms.bt.co.uk>
Date: 24 May 1994 10:04:51 GMT

I wonder if any readers of this newsgroup have ever experienced the Oracle process 'orasrv' dying?

The systems I am using are made up of client-server's on SUN sparc-10's with Oracle v6 databases. All the systems are regulary running flat-out then about once every other day, one of them stops due to orasrv conking out.

So far I found only one way of preventing this problem and that was to go back to an older version of Oracle (version 6.0.30.3.1). However on one of my systems we have Oracle v6.0.36.8.1 (latest in v6 line) which works ok - but it only works on this system - the other systems still experience the same problems as with v6.0.36.5.1.

Has anyone experienced this problem and knows fow to fix it?

Mark Heather
Ipswich Software Centre - BT Received on Tue May 24 1994 - 12:04:51 CEST

Original text of this message