Re: More than one ORACLE_SID

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 16:30:20 GMT

In article <2rpqc2$sub_at_hk.super.net> smt_at_HK.Super.NET (Mr Sai Ming Tsang) writes:
>From: smt_at_HK.Super.NET (Mr Sai Ming Tsang)
>Subject: More than one ORACLE_SID
>Date: 23 May 1994 16:43:46 +0800

>Hi,

>We have developed an application using SQL*Forms, SQL*Menus and
>SQL*TextRetrieval under one ORACLE_SID, but during the initial design
>we haven't consider the use of proper character set for storing
>chinese characters, so we create another database (with a proper
>character char set) using a different ORACLE_SID, and it's been tested
>that it can store and retrieve chinese characters correctly, but the
>problem now becomes how to put the application back for the new
>database..

>Some problems are:

>1)As SQL*TextRetrieval is involved, I think I need to do some text
>retrieval admin. work using sqltr, but the problem is there is no
>systext user there!

True. You will have to run that portion of the install which creates the sql*tr tables and usernames.

>2)I would like to ask if I need to create another home directory and
>re-install the text-retrieval there?

No, that should not be necessary. You need to make the two instances contain the same tables and other objects for sql*tr.

Dave Mausner, Sr Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Mon May 23 1994 - 18:30:20 CEST

Original text of this message