Re: Looking for a good databrowser

From: James R Paige <paige_at_pogo.den.mmc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 20:09:45 GMT

In article <1994May18.184337.1157_at_govonca.gov.on.ca> loxtonr_at_govonca.gov.on.ca (Ron Loxton) writes:
>Hi Netters:
>
> I am currently in th eprocess of implementing an Oracle system
>and the need has been identified for the ability to create ad hoc
>queries.
>
> I am loking for a browser that has the following
>characteristics:
>
> 1) Can access Oracle databases
>
> 2) Can use SQL*Net
>

> 3) Is graphically driven. ie they can pick the columns and
>provide the conditions. They do not want to have to write sql stmts.
>
> 4) Provides output that can be saved as a spreadsheet.
>

>Thx
>

>Ron Loxton
>Database Administrator
>Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources

The Oracle Data Browser is a pretty good standalone product. But, it doesn't have any API nor does it integrate to any of the other products in Oracle's Cooperative Development Environment (CDE) :) A good/better choice is a product called Applix. Call them at 1-800-8Applix. We are using their integrated Database Interface (over Oracle, Sybase, etc), word processor, graphics, spreadsheet, and mail.

      jim Received on Mon May 23 1994 - 22:09:45 CEST

Original text of this message