AIX system shutdown procedure

From: Dan Glasstetter <glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 22:14:58

I am running Oracle7 on AIX 3.2.5 and trying to set up the database to automatically shutdown/startup with a system reboot. According to the Oracle documentation (pg 4-29) :

  "There is no preferred method of automatically shutting down the ORACLE database during system shutdown. However, you should run the dbshut shell script as part of your normal shutdown procedure. We recommend that you do not attempt to modify the /etc/shutdown shell script to enable automatic database shutdown."

Has anyone done this ? Can you post/send an example of the auto shutdown ?

Thanks in advance !

Dan Glasstetter
BMC West Corp.
Boise, ID

glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com Received on Fri May 20 1994 - 22:14:58 CEST

Original text of this message