Accessing ORACLE7.0 from Visual Basic3.0

From: MUKUL SHARMA <mukul_s1_at_verifone.com>
Date: 20 May 94 03:13:00 -1000

I am accessing ORACLE7.0 database on SCO unix from Visual Basic3.0 (Using the ODBC driver). I am performing the following operations:-

1. OpenDatabase
2. DB.Close (Close Database - DB is a Visual Basic Database object)
3. OpenDatabase

when the statement 3 is executed, I get an error and Database can not be opened. This restricts functionality of my program. Is there any way I can perform OpenDatabase (and then DB.Close) more than once on the ORACLE7.0 database without terminating my Visual Basic application??

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mukul Received on Fri May 20 1994 - 15:13:00 CEST

Original text of this message