VisualBasic-ODBC-Oracle, Limitations?!!

From: SANJAY_P1 <sanjay_p1_at_verifone.com>
Date: 19 May 94 18:31:43 -1000

I am working on this setup since past couple of months, and found a lot of limitations. There are a lot of good features provided by Oracle, but over my set up VisualBasic-ODBC-Oracle these features are of no use.

Very simple function call but effective in Visual Basic ie.e ExecuteSQL just does not work! I dont know if I could execute the stored procedure from VB. Also when I have to Insert-Update-Delete records, I create Dynasets. And they take noticably long time. This case is just with few records arround 20 in the table, I wonder whats going to be the case when my number of records grow to say 10000!

Has anybody faced this kind of situation? If so lets share it.

Sanjay Patil Received on Fri May 20 1994 - 06:31:43 CEST

Original text of this message