Re: Export didn't compress my tables?

From: bs <shatzman_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 19:44:18 GMT

Bhuskey (bhuskey_at_aol.com) wrote:
: We encountered an undocumented feature that you may be able to use to
: resize you tables correctly before your import. In your import file,
: put in a line that says "indexfile=newfilename.sql" What this
: will do is create a SQL script with all create statements necessary
: to recreate all your table and indexes that were exported. Just
: modify this script with the appropriate initial and next extents, and
: run the script. All the create table statements will be "REM" 'd
: out, but any text editor should be able to take out these rem
: statements. If anyone knows how to create this file without the
: "REM" statements, feel free to let us know.

Brad,

I don't think there's a way to create a REM-less file. The purpose of the INDEXFILE parameter is to give the importer control over INDEX creation. I'm not sure why they put the other stuff there in the first place, but it sure is convenient. Note that if you specify this parameter, all other parameters will be ignored and a real import won't happen.

Barry Received on Thu May 19 1994 - 21:44:18 CEST

Original text of this message