Re: Mosaic to Oracle Connection

From: Mike Marolda <mmarolda_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 15:46:29 GMT

In article <1994May17.213245.5759_at_oracle.us.oracle.com>, Paul V. Amato <pamato_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>I was wondering if anyone has heard of anyone building a connection
>between and Oracle7 database and Mosaic? Any help will be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Paul V. Amato
>pamato_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Federal

Paul,

We've done/are doing exactly this for our current client. We looked at the publically available gsql but decided to implement our own system that uses the POST method instead of the GET method.

If you can get the gsql implementation from: ftp.cc.gatech.edu, in the directory /pub/gvu/www/pitkow/gsql-oracle that's a good starting point.

I hope this helps.

Mike Marolda

--
Mike Marolda