Index strategies

From: <jpope_at_europe.dg.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 94 10:57:13 GMT

I'm looking for some help with respect to indexes in Oracle. I've been doing some tests with various indexing methods, and I am seeing quite varied results, depending on whether I am using unique, non-unique, concatenated etc etc, and I also observe that the cost based optimiser usually hasnt got a clue. I have been using utloidxs in rdbms/admin, and I would like to get some more information on how to interpret the output from that script, as well as understand general concepts.

Are there any ftp sites with technical papers on this subject, or WWW sites? Or do you know of any good technical books which go into great depth on this subject?

Many thanks, Jon Pope. Received on Mon May 16 1994 - 12:57:13 CEST

Original text of this message