Re: No SQL*PLUS help, how to get it working

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 14 May 94 11:18:07 EST

In article <1994May12.121301_at_suned1.nswses.navy.mil>, grape_at_suned1.nswses.navy.mil (Mike Grapevine) writes:
> Hi,
> I have installed Oracle, but the HELP with sqlplus does not work. What
> script do I have to run to get sqlplus help helping me.
> --
> Michael D. Grapevine
> NSWC PHD
> Code 4G33
> Port Hueneme, CA 93043
> Email 1: grape_at_suned1.nswses.navy.mil
> Email 2: MIKE_GRAPEVINE_at_NSWSES_at_4G-GATEWAY.Nswses.Navy.Mil
> Email 3: grape_at_tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil
> Bus: (805) 982-7791
> FAX 1: (805) 985-9507
> FAX 2: (805) 985-8931
>
> Any statements / opinions made here are mine, alone, not the Navy's.

You don't mention what platform you are on. I can tell you how to do this under VMS or Solaris.

VMS:

	Reset the SYSTEM password to MANAGER
	$ _at_ORA_SQLPLUS:HELPINS.COM
	Change the SYSTEM password

Solaris 2.3 (C-shell)
	% setenv SYSTEM_PASS system/system_password
	% $ORACLE_HOME/bin/helpins

Note that the SQL*LOADER data files that ship with 7.0.15 on Solaris have been truncated. I pulled the loader control files from my VMS system and they worked fine. There is an ORACLE bug # for this, but I don't have it.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285