Re: Used RAID on SQL NT?

From: John OBrien <RAID7_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 23:14:45 GMT

Devraj Urs writes:

>used RAID on Windows NT SQL Server and got a performance gain?..

The new RAID 7 architecture provides high speed I/O access to large databases. We just received a letter from a customer describing the order of magnitude DB speed increase they have achieved with their new RAID 7 disk array platform over their storage system; you can call us for details. (We run NT here internally on our network, so we are familiar with the disk access speed increase in that environment.) I have written a number of technical papers on speeding up storage performance with high speed RAID architectures. I am happy to provide copies of the material from the literature to interested technical people.

John

John O'Brien                Tel. 603-880-3005
Storage Computer Corp.      Fax. 603-889-7232
11 Riverside Street
Nashua, NH 03062            European headquarters: Wiesbaden, Germany
United States               Tel. 49 611 30 82 30 6