ORACLE System Manager problem

From: Tom Toronado <tom_at_va.msrb.org>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 23:41:53 GMT

We have a problem with ORACLE DBA rights. We run ORACLE 5 on Novell 3.11 with DOS 5. We got rid of our outside system administrator and now have our own in-house. Our system administrator has been given all rights on Novell and granted all system/manager rights in ORACLE. However, she cannot perform all DBA functions in ORACLE unless she logs onto the LAN using the old, outside contractor's user ID.

We have asked our ORACLE and Novell consultants about this and they are as flumoxed as us. Why would ORACLE care how you log into Novell? Did the old administrator put in a hidden file our set some Novell switch that we don't know about. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Received on Sat May 14 1994 - 01:41:53 CEST

Original text of this message