Re: ORACLE System Manager problem

From: <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 1994 00:16:50 GMT

In article <1994May13.214548.26368_at_nntpxfer.psi.com>, <tom_at_va.msrb.org> writes:
> Our system administrator has been given all rights on Novell and granted all
> system/manager rights in ORACLE. However, she cannot perform all DBA
 functions
> in ORACLE unless she logs onto the LAN using the old, outside contractor's
 user
> ID.

Try this: sqldba refuses to allow you to perform all dba functions unless your logon id has been granted a special rights identifier. the process of doing this varies according to your operating system. check the oracle install guides for your platform; usually, assigning the dba's rights is one of the first things that is done during the install.

--
dave mausner _at_ braun technology group, chicago