Re: huge proc executalbe in V7

From: Ivan MIngot Latorre <mingot_at_vents.uji.es>
Date: 13 May 1994 06:59:34 GMT

Rob E. Allan (Rob.E.Allan_at_hydro.on.ca) wrote:
> I am in the process of proting some V6 proc code to V7.
> When compiling the demos, the executable size is about 1
> megabyte for evey demo. Does anyone know why they are so
> big? Is there anything I can do to keep my progs from
> exploding to this size?

> rob.e.allan_at_hydro.on.ca

        I am working with ORACLE 7 (v 7.016) and HP-UX 9.0 and I have the same problem.

       I talked with ORACLE SUPPORTS services and they replied me that in most platforms ORACLE 7 doesn't make dimamic links, that is, the links are statics and so the programs size are very big.

        They replied me too, that they are working to solve this problem in the platforms that allow the dinamic links by itself.

        I am very interested too in this problem. does someone know anything more about this?

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri May 13 1994 - 08:59:34 CEST

Original text of this message