Command line queries

From: Snehal Patel <snehal_at_acsc.com>
Date: 13 May 1994 04:32:32 GMT

Hi!

I am not very familiar with Oracle utilities and would appreciate any input as to how to do the following

I need to execute an SQL query from the unix prompt ad get the results to stdout and then exit

If I use

sqlplus user/passwd _at_filename

I am getting the output and end up with the SQL> prompt. How do I exit automatically? Also I am querying only one tuple at a time and I need the results in a non tabular form for eg:

field1: value 1
field2: value 2
field3: value 3

and so on.....

Please let me know at your earliest convenience thanks in advance

**Snehal Patel**
<snehal_at_acsc.com> Received on Fri May 13 1994 - 06:32:32 CEST

Original text of this message