Re: Visual Basic 3 and ORACLE

From: David I. Laudicina <dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 07:37:50

>Dear Netters:
> I have a modem connection between my PC
>and the school UNIX on which ORACLE resides.
> I wonder whether it is possible to write
>Visual Basic 3.0 applications exchanging
>data between my PC and ORACLE on the UNIX
>through the modem connection.
> Could you give me some pointers?
> Thanks a lot!
>--

We have done something like this using SLIP protocol over dial up line. Used Trumpet Winsock with Sybase winsock netlib, ODBC, VB application talking to Sybase SQL Server on an AIX rs/6000. Of course you need to be able to dial into a terminal server that can handle a SLIP connection. Thx Dave L Received on Thu May 12 1994 - 07:37:50 CEST

Original text of this message