Re: Wrong results with cost-based optimize

From: Georg Rehfeld <georg_at_deerwood.hanse.de>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 03:28:44 GMT

Jim Goode (jeg_at_codev.csg.eds.com) wrote:
> Jacqui,
>
> The other project was also using V7.0.13.1, and verified with Oracle that there was
> at least one TAR on the problem. Oracle's answer was that it would be fixed in the
> next release, but we are not aware of anyone who has verified if it has been fixed.
> Your best bet would be to call Oracle and inquire, if you need to use this option.
> Sorry I don't have more info.

Though I have no bug numbers, I know definitely (by experience), that the bug, wrong results with cost based optimizer when using outer joins, remains in V 7.0.15.x (as the original poster 'Frank Seitz' pointed out).

We were warned by our german Oracle stuff to not use the cost based optimizer at all and to not expect the problems with cost based optimizing solved with V 7.0.16.x .

Georg

--
 ___   ___
| + | |__ ' Georg Rehfeld,  D-20535 Hamburg, Jordanstr. 8,  [49] (40) 2518356
|_|_\ |___, georg_at_deerwood.hanse.de