ODBC and OPS$ accounts (sorry if repost)

From: Richard Holowczak <holowcza_at_paul.rutgers.edu>
Date: 11 May 94 14:44:40 GMT

(Sorry if this is a repost - News feed is on the blink)

Hi folks. I'm using Oracle's ODBC driver to connect some process control software to Oracle. This software runs in MS-Windows and can talk to an ODBC driver. If I set up and account with a regualr username and password
(e.g. SCOTT/TIGER) everything works fine.

However, all of my regular user accounts are OPS$ accounts. The users are used to logging in to the LAN and then being able to run any Oracle tool without having to re-type another username/password.

When I try to leave the username and password fields blank in the above software, I get an ODBC error saying I need to pass a username and password. It looks as if things don't even make it passed the ODBC layer.

If I try to put in a '/' character, I get back an Oracle error saying login was denied.

Has anyone had any luck getting OPS$ logins to work using ODBC ? Is there some option I've missed somewhere ?

Thanks

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Wed May 11 1994 - 16:44:40 CEST

Original text of this message