DOS Oracle DBA authorization problem.

From: Karen Payten <karen_at_metz.une.edu.au>
Date: 11 May 94 03:37:39 GMT

Hi there,

I'm not sure that this is a solution, but its all I can think of. There should be a file called _$ORA$_ with attributes SH (System, Hidden) in your ORACLE_HOME directory. Maybe, this file cannot be 'squashed' as part of your disk doubler, it has to remain whole.

Try it, and let me know how you go. I have not tried running Oracle on a Double Spaced partition yet. I'd be interested in knowing of your response times.

Regards Karen

Karen Payten
Database Administrator
Computing and Communication Services
University of New England, Armidale NSW
Email: karen_at_metz.une.edu.au Phone: +61 67 733549