Re: ORACLE TECH SUPPORT. NONEXISTENT

From: Sean Stasica <v045101_at_procyon.stortek.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 22:31:12 GMT

2qbhsi$kk_at_ctsad3.cts>, ccisaac_at_mtu.edu (Chuck Isaacson) writes:
> > It would seem to me that the next logical thing for ORACLE to
> > do with these comments on nonexistent support would be to
> > raise the prices and change the music on the voice response system.
> >
> I must say that here in the UK, Oracle support has so far proved to be one
> of the best around. I always get called back and, perhaps most significant,
> it is about the only service where one does not get any vile music on hold
> whatever! "Please hold during the silence":- excellent- what finesse!

Must be nice! In the US, we have to listen to awful music, and are interrupted every 30 seconds with a very loud voice telling us we are still on hold...for 15-30 minutes at a time (not the standard 7 minutes they tell us we will be on hold). It would be alright on speakerphone, but if you are trying to hold it up to your ear the voice is very obnoxious. The worst part about the music is not the music itself, but it's the same thing over and over.. all 10 or so songs.