Seeking performance-related statistics

From: Stephen H Fick <shf_at_world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 16:32:10 GMT

We are in the market for a UNIX-based Oracle server, and to better understand the implications of buying a SS5- or SS20- based system, wonder what the output of 'vmstat 1 60' and 'ps -aefl' (or, 'ps -auxww') typically look like on those systems or on SS10-based systems. Would also be interested in knowing the memory and disk configuration of the systems on which the 'vmstat' and 'ps' output was generated, and how many users seem to be readily supportable for your particular Oracle usage.

Our Sun sales rep seems willing to help us investigate locally, but we would like to hear from a larger variety of sites. Would be happy to summarize and Email or post responses which we receive, at your request.

Thanks,
Steve

                       Steve Fick
              fick_at_hmco.com   (v) 617-351-3133
InfoSoft International, 222 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116
               "The usual disclaimers apply."