Oracle Support

From: Gary V. Heard <gheard_at_gheard.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 14:53:06 +0000

As an independent contractor I have found the quality of the Oracle Support variable, in Germany and Switzerland they are only just coming up to speed, Austria seems O.K., U.K. is the best I've used in Europe but for answers for Oracle Applications problems (Financials, Manufacturing etc ) the best seems to be the U.S.A.

TAR's can be open anything from 2 hours to two months but it is up to the person logging the call to ensure that:-

  1. he knows who at Oracle Support will be fielding the question
  2. he knows what priority the call is logged at
  3. he has some idea from the Oracle support person concerned as to how long it will be before there is a follow up from Oracle concerning the problem.

Trivial problems (if there are such things) are logged as priority 3, virtually everything else goes as priority 2 unless its a real humdinger (Only had 2 problems logged as priority 1 from the outset.

--
Gary V. Heard                               You Are What You Are.