Illinois/Michigan area - Client Server Applications

From: Mark Willcock <rgty_mrw_at_waikato.ac.nz>
Date: 9 May 94 11:51:11 +1200

Hello,

Later this year I am visiting the US (Illinois/Michigan areas) and I am interested in contacting institutions with similar requirements to our own with a view to visiting and, well brain-picking :)

A quick summary :
I work for a university. We currently have character based, legacy systems on our central cluster. These are on VMS, using the INGRES DBMS. We are moving toward Client Server. It is likely this will keep the INGRES db as the data warehouse, with most clients being Macs. We are looking at Fox Pro and PowerBuilder for development.

I'm interested in talking to people in a similar area, or really users in any environment similar to that described above. Of particular interest would be online enrolment/registration systems for students, and Human Resources systems.

Please respond via e-mail, many thanks..

Mark Willcock M.Willcock_at_waikato.ac.nz|

Database Administrator                 |"As the wise old saying has it, you can
University of Waikato                  |take a horse to the water, but you can't
Hamilton, New Zealand.                 |make it play Santa Claus."
"Disclaimer ? What'd I say ?"          |                        - Bertie Wooster