Re: Since Oracle Won't Call Me Back...

From: Richard Holowczak <holowcza_at_paul.rutgers.edu>
Date: 8 May 94 20:38:55 GMT

u4imcehb_at_apollo.wes.army.mil (Ernest Boswell) writes:

>I've had this call in to Oracle since last Friday, haven't heard back, so:
>I'm having trouble trying to install Oracle Tools for DOS and SQL*SPX.
>Version numbers are:
> DOS Install 3.0.9.2.3
> Windows Install 3.0.8.3.7

>First the DOS travails: after I installed the DOS Required Support Files
>version 7.0.12.1.0, I try to install SQL*Plus. Install tells me that I
>haven't installed DOS Required Support Files 7.0.12.1.0 (see last sentence)
>and I get no further. Same with any other DOS tool.

  Could it be you need to support the DOS "tool utilities" first ? As I   recall,
  the order was something like: Install, Required Support Files,   Tool Utilities, then SQL*Plus, etc.

>The Windows install program doesn't install itself - halfway through the
>process I get a GPF and it tells me there is already a copy of Windows
>installer running, then shuts down.

  Could it be the WFWG3.1 ? I've only installed under Windows 3.1 and   WFWG 3.11. Any other software running at the time ?

>Between these two, I can't get *ANYTHING* installed. The Netware database
>is up and going (finally), but it's useless because the client tools
>won't install. HELP!!!!!!

>BTW - DOS 5/Windows for Workgroups 3.1

>--

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers Univerity
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Sun May 08 1994 - 22:38:55 CEST

Original text of this message