Re: SQL*Net Hell

From: <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 1994 00:25:23 GMT

In article <1994May5.204510.17180_at_medicus.com>, <kim_at_medicus.com> writes:
> I'm having continuing problems with what should be a very simple
> operation: using the SQL*Plus copy statement to populate local
> tables from a remote database. I'm trying something similar to
> the following:
>
> copy from user_a/pw_at_db_b replace table_a -
> using select * from table_a;

Although you can use a database link in a select statement from the sql*plus command line, i believe from my own experience that in a copy statement you must supply the connection string, for example "_at_t:host:sid" instead of "@db_b". This is apparently because another database login will occur which cannot reference a database link: the connection has not been established under which the link could be resolved. my opinion, your mileage my vary (down to zero).

--
dave mausner _at_ braun technology group, chicago