Re: Syncing Local and Remote Oracle7 DBs

From: RCronau <rcronau_at_aol.com>
Date: 7 May 1994 20:56:01 -0400

Barry Sieben:

In article <16FACCAB6S86.BJSIEBEN_at_bcsc02.gov.bc.ca>, you wrote:

>> We are setting up 2 sites, each running the identical Oracle7 DB. The
>> clients will only be updating the local site. We are faced with taking all
>> updates and applying to the remote site to ensure the 2 sites are
>> synchronized. We are currently reviewing alternatives. Does anyother site
>> have a similiar setup and are in the same dilemma? And, how was the
>> problem resolved?

I worked on a project for the FTS2000 Billing Management System. In that project, we had similar requirements and problems. We basically included in our database design transaction processing between the sites on a daily basis. However, there may be better ways of solving your problem, if real time updates are required.

Call me at (202) 944-7019 if you would like further information.

Rick Cronau Received on Sun May 08 1994 - 02:56:01 CEST

Original text of this message