Opinions on trigger performance?

From: Matthew J. Burke <mburke_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 12:49:27 GMT

I'm interested in hearing from anybody familiar with the performance impact of database triggers. I'm considering a single trigger design to collect audit information (information not available with the standard Oracle audit facility). My target environment will have a high transaction rate. Will I be placing too great of a burden on the system by using triggers? Has anybody measured the overhead associated with triggers?

Thanks.

 Matthew J. Burke   		  			     mburke_at_netcom.com
 Database Consultants, Inc.					(214) 392-0955